In celebration of Satisfaction Month this June, the Movie Growth Council of the Philippines (FDCP) will maintain the 2nd PelikuLAYA: LGBTQIA+ Movie Pageant on-line from June four to 30.
With the theme “Sama-Sama, Lahat Rarampa!”, this 12 months’s PelikuLAYA goals to additional empower the members of the LGBTQIA+ neighborhood by a lineup of native and worldwide movies, movie talks and lectures, a drag yoga occasion, and musical performances.
Starting June four, a complete of 23 subscription movies will be considered for under PHP 99 on the FDCP Channel (fdcpchannel.ph), together with the seven PelikuLAYA titles which might be obtainable till June 30: “Masahista” by Brillante Mendoza, “I Love You. Thank You” by Charliebebs Gohetia, “Mga Gabing Kasing Haba ng Hair Ko” by Gerardo Calagui, “Miss Bulalacao” by Ara Chawdhury, “Ang Huling Cha-Cha Ni Anita” by Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo, “Greatest. Partee. Ever.” by HF Yambao, and “Ned’s Venture” by Lem Lorca.
Obtainable for rental beginning June four is award-winning French movie “Portrait of a Woman on Fireplace” by Céline Sciamma starring Adèle Haenel and Noémie Merlant, which may have its Philippine On-line Premiere at PelikuLAYA 2021. The 2019 Cannes Awardee for the Queer Palm Prize and Greatest Screenplay will likely be obtainable for rental for PHP 220 with a 7-day entry that can expire 48 hours after the primary play.
PelikuLAYA will display screen 4 movies without spending a dime all through the pageant: Rhadem Morados’ documentary “Budjang” and three shorts from CineSpectra 2019: A Movie Pageant for HIV/AIDS Consciousness — “A” by Rod Modina, “Alex & Aki” by Dexter Paul de Jesus, and “Doon sa Isang Sulok” by Yong Tapang, Jr. As well as, one-time free screenings will likely be held: “Lihis” by Joel Lamangan for the opening program and “T-Hen at Ako” by Danny Zialcita for the closing program.
“The Movie Growth Council of the Philippines is relaunching PelikuLAYA this 12 months as an annual LGBTQIA+ movie pageant organized by the nationwide authorities as our solution to specific our continued assist for gender equality and inclusivity by creating platforms to deliver to mild the struggles, have fun the achievements, and champion the causes of the LGBTQIA+ neighborhood,” stated FDCP Chairperson and CEO Liza Diño.
The FDCP’s Cine Lokal held the first PelikuLAYA in 2018 with screenings of award-winning movies in chosen SM Cinemas. The next 12 months, the FDCP mounted the first Worldwide Satisfaction Celebration at Cinematheque Centre Manila in partnership with the Embassies of america, Austria, and Sweden in Manila.
PelikuLAYA particular occasions and panel discussions
The PelikuLAYA Opening Program “Thank God, It’s Satisfaction Day!” begins at 7 p.m. on June four that includes the Sineng Pambansa Nationwide Movie Pageant 2013 entry “Lihis,” a love story through the Marcos regime involving two NPA comrades performed by Jake Cuenca and Joem Bascon. “Lihis” additionally stars Lovi Poe, Isabelle Daza, and Gloria Diaz.
“Thank God, It’s Satisfaction Day!” in addition to all different PelikuLAYA occasions will likely be streamed reside on the FDCP Channel and on the FDCP’s Fb pages and YouTube channel. From June 12 to 27, 4 FDCP Movie Talks on PelikuLAYA will likely be held:
● “My Coming Out Story” is on the inspiring tales that helped us perceive our neighborhood’s differing expressions and celebrations of freedom (June 12, Saturday).
Moderated by actor and author Phi Palmos that includes administrators Kim Timan and Rod Singh, actors Fifth Solomon and Zar Donato, and musician Miguel Odron.
● “In His/Her/Their Footwear” is on how transcending on-screen portrayals of LGBTQIA+ characters assist us perceive the “actual and reel” themes and points that relate to the members of the LGBTQIA+ neighborhood (June 13, Sunday).
Moderated by director Jade Castro that includes actors Anthony Falcon, Angeli Bayani, Adrian Lindayag, and EJ Jallorina, and director Petersen Vargas.
● “P’marriage ceremony Pwede Na Ba?” is on how seemingly-controversial conversations about same-sex unions and the SOGIE Equality Invoice are being dealt with, processed, and interpreted by members and non-members of the LGBTQIA+ neighborhood (June 26, Saturday).
Moderated by actor and director John Lapus that includes FDCP Chairperson and CEO Liza Diño and actor and musician Ice Seguerra, administrators Andoy Ranay and Noel Escondo, and director-producer Perci Intalan.
● “To Love Some Buddies” is on how vital it’s for members of the LGBTQIA+ neighborhood to have vital assist methods as they embark on their private journeys of coming into phrases with their actual selves (June 27, Sunday).
Moderated by Miss Trans International 2020 Mela Habijan that includes Francis Dacanay of Love Your self PH, Pat Bringas of UP Babaylan, Ronn Astillas of the Philippine LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Chase Tolentino of Transman Equality and Consciousness Motion (TEAM), and Dr. Mikee Inton-Campbell of the Society of Transsexual Girls of the Philippines (STRAP).
Replays of panel discussions will likely be proven without spending a dime on June 19. The 2 Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (PPP) Movie Talks featured are:
● “Depiction of LGBT Characters and Queer Cinema Historical past” is on how members of the audiovisual trade develop and empower LGBTQIA+ characters.
● “Philippine Queer Cinema Lecture” by Nick Deocampo is a particular lecture that explores how Queer Cinema has at all times been current in Philippine Cinema historical past and the way it has developed by the years.
The “Yo, Homosexual!” drag yoga session, the place contributors can attain bodily and psychological wellness and get an opportunity to win particular prizes for finest dressed, will likely be held on June 20. Prizes embrace reward playing cards and vouchers price as much as PHP 1,500. The three winners will every obtain an FDCP Channel Hoodie whereas different contributors will obtain FDCP Channel merchandise.
The PelikuLAYA Official Closing Program “Awra!: Mga Awit at Rampa para sa Ating Makulay na Komunidad” on June 30 at 7 p.m. will characteristic a musical efficiency, a trend present from members of the LGBTQIA+ neighborhood, and a free one-time screening of the restored model of “T-Hen at Ako” starring Celebrity Nora Aunor and Star for All Seasons Vilma Santos, introduced by the ABS-CBN Movie Restoration Program.
The PelikuLAYA: LGBTQIA+ Movie Pageant lineup obtainable from June four to 30 on the FDCPchannel.ph platform:
The Opening and Closing Movies will likely be obtainable within the Occasions tab
● “Lihis” (Opening Movie) by Joel Lamangan
● Restored model of “T-Hen at Ako” (Closing Movie) by Danny Zialcita
CineSpectra Quick Movie Pageant titles
● “A” by Rod Modina
● “Alex & Aki” by Dexter Paul de Jesus
● “Doon sa Isang Sulok” by Yong Tapang, Jr.
● “Budjang” by Rhadem Morados
● “Masahista” by Brillante Mendoza
● “I Love You. Thank You” by Charliebebs Gohetia
● “Mga Gabing Kasing Haba ng Hair Ko” by Gerardo Calagui
● “Miss Bulalacao” by Ara Chawdhury
● “Ang Huling Cha-Cha ni Anita” by Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo
● “Greatest. Partee. Ever.” by HF Yambao
● “Ned’s Venture” by Lem Lorca
● “Portrait of a Woman on Fireplace” by Céline Sciamma
The PelikuLAYA: LGBTQIA+ Movie Pageant is introduced by the Movie Growth Council of the Philippines solely on the FDCP Channel in partnership with ABS-CBN Movie Restoration – Sagip Pelikula, Love Your self PH, Philippine LGBT Chamber of Commerce, HerShe, Village Pipol, Pelikula Mania, Parcinq Journal, ClickTheCity, LakanBini Advocates Pilipinas, PUP Kasarianlan, PUP DZMC Younger Communicators’ Guild, CIIT 24 Frames, MAPUA Kino Indio, and FEU Movie Society.